Monday, May 08, 2006


What a nice weekend for an open studio! A steady flow of visitors kept me busy for two days, and it was so nice to be able to talk to folks about my work in my home setting. I thought I might actually get some painting done, but there really wasn't that much time. I worked on a little watercolor of Pixel, my feline muse, which I'll post here. This guy is such a ham and such a character. He was a shelter rescue that came with the name of Peter, but we named him Pixel, and so he is affectionately called "Pixel Pete". He is wound as tight as a spring, and can wiggle out of our grasp with strength that cannot be believed. He is a perfect foil for Maizy, the sedate, pleasingly plump female that we adopted at the same time. Both are subjects that are readily available, and I photograph them all the time, so they appear in many paintings, drawings, and watercolors. I call this one "Birdwatcher".

More samples of the cats.